For the record, there’s nothing lamer than a post about why you’re not posting…
A very nice dude (“Jerod,” if that is your REAL name) who comments on The Stranger’s Blog apparently thinks I’m funny, and wondered why I hadn’t been posting much lately. So here’s the short list. It looks pretty much identical to the long list.
1. I’m happy. My marriage is awesome, the apartment is great, the dogs are hilarious. It’s hard to be all pissed at the world and feel like you need to write when you’re happy.
2. I’m depressed. The weather is shit, the dogs are a pain in the ass, the apartment needs cleaning (marriage is still good). It’s hard to summon the energy to write when you’re depressed.
3. I’m playing too many video games. We get a lot of them free now.
4. I’m actually writing for a video game, so playing them is research, therefore I can write-off all the ones that we don’t get free. To both the government and my husband.
5. I’m writing for a video game, so people are giving me money to write, therefore I should probably be doing more of that, instead of just playing video games. Or blogging.
6. Jay and I have been really social lately and I haven’t had much time to write.
7. I don’t get out of the house much lately and I haven’t had much to write about.
8. I’ve recently gotten totally obsessed with politics, but didn’t want to bore you with my opinions.
9. I realized EVERY blogger is boring you with their opinions. On a related note, despite the evidence above to the contrary, I’ve mostly been avoiding forums and comment sections of websites. The internet has just been pissing me off lately.
10. I dunno. Guess I didn’t feel like writing?
Anyway, I’m not sure how so many conflicting statements can be completely and utterly true at the same time, but there you are. It’s not like I have nothing to talk about…I mean, I accidentally (yet instinctively) caught dog pee in my hand the other day, and my cousin and I got shitfaced with our respective spouses and lit a bunch of stuff on fire at Kalaloch Campground last weekend…but right now?
I’m just fuckin’ tired, dude. Oh, and TOTALLY drunk.
But thanks for hanging around anyway. You’re good people.